reflexións......

reflexións......
"I shall never leave you nor forsake you" Hebrews 13:5

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Orange Cocktail Anyone?!!!!


Once I was in the ICU, then it was medication time. I was still asleep then suddenly I heard pounding noises in my enclosed room. i woke up and saw a nurse pounding my oral medication. So I asked her that I could take those medication as it is but she replied courteously that it was for my convenience. How nice?!!!! A+ for customer service! Then she brought in a cup of orange syrup drink. She mixed it with the pounded medication and handed it to me to drink and told me the orange juice is to mask off the bitterness of the medicine. Is there a grade higher than A+? For the first time, drinking medicine is a pleasure.

So the next medication, I requested for the same thing, medicine with orange syrup, but this time it was another nurse. I asked the nurse for a cup of orange syrup, so she brought me a sample cup of thick syrup with a cup of water. As I thought she wanted to mix the syrup with the water, she put the medicine into the thick syrup and poured it into my mouth! Then followed by the water. Speaking of sweetness.....a diabetic blood sugar count was administered after that (just kidding!)

Cheers fellas!!!!


"Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins." Proverbs 10:12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, virgin screwdriver cocktail...

when you can do the actual screwdriver...you bring the orange juice, I got the Stolis...