reflexións......

reflexións......
"I shall never leave you nor forsake you" Hebrews 13:5

Friday, December 19, 2008

A Tribute to Kevin - By Sis Lynette

In sweet memory of Kevin

The day before Our Lord took Kev home, the last words he said to me – “I love to ka-zho mum” (Ka-Zho is a Malay slang for making fun in a playful manner) and he gave a cheeky smile. Though grown thin and feeble, with a different physique, that was still so KEVIN!!!

This was the Kevin I knew and will always know.
Dearest Kevin,

With a grateful heart I pen this.
For loving my little vivacious sister deeply, I thank you

For being family, thanks heaps!

Your unceasing encouragement in the 6 years we slogged together is now edged in my mind “look forward; never back” – I thank you

Your infamous “hey, chill man … chill” when my overly-anal mode kicks in. Thank you, I will consciously remember to take a pill and chill.

In the 11 years Siang and I were together, you dropped frequent, yet gentle reminders that Siang loves me heaps and he WILL marry me ONE DAY!! – I thank you

2 years ago, Siang and I did marry and you were beaming – I thank you again

In the 16.5 months you battled, with more bad days than good, somehow our family had more laughter than tears – I thank you.

When in great pain, you could still ask “How’s work? Have you eaten? How’s everyone?” Life’s burdens suddenly shrink in size, stress melts away, perspectives are turned 180◦ - My Deepest thanks

Out for meals, with the wheelchair and the works, you would still crack a silly joke or as Linda puts it, give one of your “which is worse” analogies which sets us roaring with laughter. Indeed, there is a lighter side to life – I thank you

2 months have passed - we still miss you sorely. But I thank you for all the memories that will always be edged in my mind, that will give me the push on bumpy days, that will bring more smiles than tears and sometimes even a silly laughter …..

Will we have more laksa parties? Yes Yes!! Will we bake more breads? We will! Will we visit your favorite food haunts, relish your favorite food, re-live your silly jokes? – We already have! Will we still blow candles at birthdays? Definitely!! … Because we know you would want us to.

Till we meet again ……My warmest thanks.

Much Love,
Lynette (Scissors)

~ We thank God for you and for letting us be part of your journey ~

We Love You
Mum & Dad
Gerald, Delvien & Matthew
Siang & Lynette

No comments: