reflexións......

reflexións......
"I shall never leave you nor forsake you" Hebrews 13:5

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tribute To My Love

Dearest Kevin

Having journeyed with you, especially during this trying year and a half, made me realize how rich I am....rich with the love and warmth you brought into my life 12 years ago.

You taught me how to live life to the fullest even in the early days of our relationship. Together we studied as hard as we could while sampling food at most corners of Perth, threw dinner pot lucks at our hostels, went abalone and crab catching, "ran" movie marathons and much much more! It is always your laughter and sincerity that made each day a moment to be treasured.

With God's guidance, you found a job in Singapore and we continued our journey together. Your gentle disposition gave me great comfort each time I am faced with difficulties and very soon I am back on track again. This great stress reliever is the main driving factor to finish up work quickly.

An indecisive me always have you to make the firm decisions and to re-assure me that my plans are the best ones. Your motto I will carry in my heart for life is: "Never regret! Any decision you make, make the best out of it.....even if it may not seem that ideal after all".

Sincerity is the glue that binds all that we do. You always consider my comfort and feelings first in almost everything you do. I will always remember how we meet at a nearby food court for dinner on weekdays. You knew that I will wear out my feet wearing high heeled shoes, so you always tried to remember my slippers so that I could walk home comfortably.

Laughter always fills the room whenever you are around. You have a knack of cracking crazy sometimes weird jokes! Many a times they make my eyes roll as I would have heard them few times over but just by listening to the bellowing laughter makes me smile and it is all worthwhile. For all who have known you before cancer definitely longed to hear that laughter again. Although the laughter was not as intense as you were mostly tired, I am always spirited to see the twinkle of mischief in your eyes and the sound of your soft laughter.

Selflessness is your virtue and I am privileged to be the recipient. Even when you were undergoing treatments, you tried your best not to inconvenience anyone or cause people around to be sad. You once told me that this is your suffering alone and no one should bear the brunt of it, therefore you always wore a smile even when in pain. During rare times, you made signs of frustrations at both in the hospital and home but you would always apologize and try to make up for it. When you tried to negotiate your way out in discharging from the hospital, you were always mindful to thank the doctors and nurses for the trouble.

The happiest day of my life is when we became husband and wife, 20th September 2003. All photographs captured us and our guests either smiling or laughing heartily, even the photographer commented that he too enjoyed our wedding. No hiccup could mar our memorable day as we knew the only thing that was important was our union!

Your compromising nature is the grounding factor that we got over our differences quickly. We agreed that time should be spent with our hearts happy, not wasted being angry. I am so glad for this guiding principal as it have left me with an ocean of happy recollections.

Although now I can't hear your laughter or feel your assuring arms around me, the rich memories you left behind will carry me through. The pain of losing you physically never seem to go away but pride makes it more bearable.... the pride for having the privilege to be chosen by you as your life partner.

Dearest Love
I promised you that I will pick myself up and continue living like how you taught me to.
Everyday I look forward to meeting you again and there will be no more separation.

1 comment:

KS Cheah said...

Dear Linda,

You are a brave woman and only you will know the tribulations you and Kevin faced the last year and a half.

Reading this post I am heartened to see you have chosen to be inspired by the happy memories of the times you both shared. That makes Kevin immortal.

The pain we endure in grief is very personal and only you know how you view life without Kevin by your side.

Be assured that the pain will ease with time but the beautiful memories will sustain you till you both meet again.

May I take the liberty of suggesting C.S. Lewis' "A Grief Observed" to help you through this very trying times.

Best regards.

Uncle Cheah