reflexións......

reflexións......
"I shall never leave you nor forsake you" Hebrews 13:5

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

All Set for The Lunar New Year

After I posted in the blog Kevin's Xmas decorations, many asked what is next..... Of course it is Kevin's next favourite season of the year after Christmas.... The Lunar New Year!

He was always ready to hang firecrackers, lanterns, red ribbons and much more around our house. At one point, I had to restrict the size and length of the decorations he wanted. Can you imagine hanging large lantern in a tiny 91 sqm flat!! I would most probably spend most of my time trying to dodge it while walking around the house :)

And of course, the main delight for the festive season would be his favourite snacks - bbq pork, pineapple tarts, cookies, peanuts and the whole works.

Each time I eat a pineapple tart, I recall the large pineapple tart I made for his 21st birthday. As we were travelling out of Perth for the weekend, I wanted to surprise him with a birthday cake that could survive the travel. Suddenly, pineapple tarts came to mind. Just imagine we could actually cut the tart like a birthday day cake (I had to cook quite a bit of pineapples to fill the middle of the tart). We never forgot that cake!

Even before Christmas, I thought of many things that we could place there and still survive the rain and strong sun. So we headed to Chinatown to scout around. Lynette and Siang came across a metal plate with an outline of a cross in the middle. When the wind blows, the plate turns and the cross glitters with the movement and reflection of light.

Not forgetting his favourite lanterns, we fashioned stands to hang the lanterns out of thick copper wires. Looking at our handiwork, we are pretty satisfied for now... never know what we might chance on again!
Try to visualize the metal place twirling!
Also check out the two lionheads which I believe he would love...

No comments: