reflexións......

reflexións......
"I shall never leave you nor forsake you" Hebrews 13:5

Sunday, January 4, 2009

As Fresh As The Flowers

With so many events unfolding over the last few months, I have not mentioned to many that we were the proud god-parents of little Mikayla Yap since September 2008. Mama Debbie is my childhood friend and Papa Lawrence is our grocery "kaki"!

Going over to their place and to see her smile when she opens her eyes to look at me is all it takes to make my day sweet. When I hum while craddling her, she will look at me and make funny mouth movements at me.

Just the other day, her grand god-ma Anne (aka my mother) looked after her for a couple of hours and was charmed by her. Thereafter, she keeps asking me if Mikayla is coming to the house.... hey Budi, move over!! (for those who are not familiar, Budi is my mother's bulldog aka THE KING)

Carrying her in my arms gives me the sense of innocence ... the innocence of new life. Just like the freshness of a field of newly bloomed flowers!

Dearest Mikayla,
Your godfather is smiling and watching over you from Heaven

No comments: