reflexións......

reflexións......
"I shall never leave you nor forsake you" Hebrews 13:5

Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Special Place


Everyday for the last 5 months I wake from my dreams to yet another day without hearing the soothing low voice that I am so accustomed and in-tuned with for more than a third of my life. Fast as it seems that time has passed, it also feels like a lifetime without his presence.

Each day is largely filled with activities at work but I deeply miss our lost routine. The lost routine of calling him the minute I leave the same office building... counting the train stations while co-ordinating with him the exact time he should leave home to ensure we step into our dinner venue almost simultaneously... walking our dogs... contemplating if we should break our diet and indulge in a sundae... and so much more.

His fighting spirit still lives on and it propels me to make good of my life and to cherish all around me. Each time I encounter a difficult situation, I still feel and hear him beside me, rooting for me. 

I recall the day before he left me, we were driving home from his little birthday celebration at Sentosa, he said to me "Dear, you must have confidence in the decisions you make, have faith that they are right and follow them" At that juncture, I was in a hurry in trying to maneuver out from a bad jam along ECP as I wanted to fly him home, I reckoned he was telling me to have more confidence in cutting onto another lane as he is a very steady driver. 

Days after he was called home , I tried to put the recent events in place as everything prior seemed like a blur to me. It then came to full realisation to me that those were some of his parting words and he was preparing me for my journey ahead. That is so very like Kevin, he always have my interest in mind and it is very much still.

While I have to get accustomed to my new routines, the old routines will always have a special place in my heart.

No comments: