reflexións......

reflexións......
"I shall never leave you nor forsake you" Hebrews 13:5

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Especially dedicated to you Kevin - my 1st Run


For the many who know me well, running for the LRT/MRT was my only exercise :)

After so many considerations of when I should start doing something about my exercise, I was presented a challenge 2 months ago. My good friend asked me to join her in a Race Against Cancer on the 4th July for a 5km run. I could feel the usual excuse of "maybe next time..." at the tip of my tongue. Somehow, I managed a "Let's Do IT"!!

Very soon, 4th July came and I only managed to train 3 times.... thoughts of not being able to complete kept popping in my head. The 2 friends that ran with me kept me going with encouragements.

At the 4km point, I was starting to get giddy and my legs didn't feel like mine anymore! At that point, all I could think was that if Kevin could bravely fight so well, I could complete this run for him.... AND I DID IT!!

This Run is dedicated to my dearest Kevin
I hope to complete more runs in memory of this gentle giant


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For someone who doesnt run ... Well done!!! Impressive.

Love,
Scissors